Monday, December 5, 2016

Unwined has Unwound. There will be no whining.


I have to admit - the owners of this place must have had balls of Kryptonite to open up here. This place has been at least 5 restaurants in the last 8 years. Nothing sticks - and nothing ever will. This location must be truly haunted - it is in a busy mall with lots of parking. I think the problem is that nobody works around there anymore. For crissakes the Jack In the Box across the street has been closed for 5 years! If it wasn't for Safeway anchoring the site, this end of Ahwatukee would close down. There needs to be a reason for people that DON'T live here to come down here to spend money. And there is nothing on this corner that even comes close. I hate to say "I told you so" but, I told you so. Unwined has unwound and has joined the choir invisible. Death is working overtime in Ahwatukee this year. Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!


2 comments:

  1. My girlfriend and I have noticed that every time a restaurant in that location puts up their second permanent sign (one facing Desert Foothills and the other facing Chandler), they close within days. So whenever a new restaurant opens at that location, we warn them not to put up that second sign. But they never listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed true - they sure know how to die on that corner....

    ReplyDelete